Sunday, July 3, 2011

Long 3-Day Weekend


Share/Bookmark
So sorry that it has been a couple of days.  I'm trying to get in the habit of writing every day, but honestly, with these two kids and my addled brain, it's hard to remember basic things like meals, shower, and brushing my hair and teeth.
I have been brainstorming a lot of new items to put in the store.  Now I just need to sit down and get them made.  As soon as this sickness goes away that I've been muddling through all week, I'll hopefully have the energy to stay up later than the kids to work on stuff in my studio.  But truthfully, until I get storage for that room, I really don't want to be in there.  I really don't work well in clutter and everything that I didn't have shelving space for is just piled up on the tables until I can get shelving and storage drawers from Walmart.
I'm also behind on writing the July newsletter.  We aren't doing a giveaway this month because I haven't felt well all week and I'm still sick now, so it wouldn't be fair to hold a giveaway for a partial amount of the time that I usually do.  I like giving people ample time to fill their entries.  But the newsletter is going to be written sometime over the next couple of days.
But onto the good part of the post.  It's a 3-day weekend, so I have my husband until Tuesday instead of Monday.  Downside is that he'll have to work the next two Saturdays to keep up production, but there is still more good news because he'll get overtime pay for the two Saturdays since Monday is a paid holiday for him.  We are really hoping that if he can get enough overtime on the next few paychecks that we'll be able to do the few repairs we need to do on the house and find an apartment or rental house somewhere else.  We need to get closer to where his job is so we don't spend $200 of his paychecks on gas alone.  And if we are closer to where he works, then I'll also be closer to all my family and friends, and I'll be able to invite my friends that have kids over so we can all hang out.  And I'll be able to go to the Knit Night with my knitting group.  The 2-hour round trip commute has been too much to do late at night for me, especially with gas prices.
We haven't decided what we are going to do for the Fourth of July yet.  We are going to watch the fireworks from our balcony, but I'm wondering if I can talk the Husbeast into grilling out some burgers.  I know we have buns, hamburger, cheese, and onions, but I'm not sure if we have the other burger fixings that we usually like.
Well, going to have to cut this short.  Lil' Bit is demanding attention.  Happy 4th of July!!

No comments: