Monday, May 23, 2011

The Next Large Endeaver: The Tetris Blanket


Share/Bookmark
And here it is! My next major project: The Tetris Blanket. I took a picture of a Tetris screen from an advertisement and charted it out. Each colored block is meant to be 4"x4" of crochet or knitting. I'm doing it in crochet.

Once each block is completed, they will be stitched together to form the blanket. Then I will be adding a border of some sort to complete my edging. This blanket will take me a while, as it took me a few hours to get the gauge correct on my first square last night.

For me, it had to be 15 single chain stitches wide and 20 rows tall to attain the 4 inches by 4 inches. I have started with the red blocks because I had red in my stash. I'm trying to use as much of my stash yarn up for this that can't be used for business purposes. Since it will be for personal use, I won't be working on it nonstop, so updates on this project will be sporadic.

My main goal for this month is simply to finish up the red squares and maybe start on the white (which will be a nice cream on my blanket because I have a ton of it).

There will other smaller projects shown here soon. I have a lot of things that are almost done. I have to weave in the ends, and I absolutely hate weaving in the ends. So they sit in the Finished Object bag waiting for their ends to be woven in. One day, I will sit down and weave all those ends in. I may start on some today if the kids settle down to play or nap like they should.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Love it!!!