Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Share/Bookmark

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there, and to all the daddy's who have to be mom's as well!  I hope you all have a great day!

Mine has started out fairly well, but I promised to let my husband sleep in today since he's been getting very little sleep all week, so by noon, I'll be fairly harried because of Anna and her Terrble Two Tantrums.  Boy, can she throw them.

If all goes well today, I'll hopefully get another few inches added to a couple of my knitting projects.  I was on a crochet binge for a while, but I have three knitting projects on the needles.  Well, two are on the needles.  The third is a set of needles matched up with the pattern and the yarn, but I haven't cast on yet.

I'm working on the Anabela Scarf on Size 17s with Lionbrand's Thick N Quick in the Claret Colorway.  It's looking good so far, but I keep having to frog it a little every day because I'm not getting the stitches on each side of the cable tight enough, leaving large holes in the piece, which I don't like.

And I started The Enjoyable Ribbed Scarf last night. I'm doing it on size 8 needles with a nice sky blue colored Acrylic yarn that I have loads of.  I don't know what company makes it because it was given to me in a large bag of yarn that someone inherited from their mother when she passed on and nothing had labels on it.  I just know it's acrylic because it melts when you put flame to it.  I am liking this pattern more than the Anabela though because it's a bit easier on my hands.  I'm not too good at cables yet, and no matter how loose I knit, the cabled stitches are very, very tight, thus making my wrists and fingers hurt.

The third pattern that I will be starting soon is called Moon River.  I'm following the instructions exactly--same size needles and same weight of yarn.  Color is a variegated green though, so it should look interesting.

Well, the kids are getting fussy so I am going to head on out and play with them.

 

Happy Mother's Day, Everyone!  :o)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love the new projects! I know they'll look great! Dang it you need to move closer so you can teach me to knit! :)