Friday, March 11, 2011

Thank God It's Friday!


Share/Bookmark
Finally Friday. I'll be doing a Wrap-It-Up post here soon to show all that I have done during the week, but I am still trying to get organized. Well, at least pretend to be organized. Things that need to be done during the day rarely get done because Sammy or Anna demand me a lot. (Not complaining. I love my kids and I'm blessed to have them. Just can't seem to get anything done.)

Currently, I do have several items in the process of being made. I have a crocheted hat that I made for Anna that needs a brim added to it, then it needs to be blocked and the brim needs to be stiffened. I also have a crocheted tomato (yes, I got bored and silly a few times this week. Sleep deprivation does that.) that I still need to stuff and add the greenery to the top of it. And I have a beautiful garter stitch scarf on the needles (knitted in three shades of blue) that I need to finish. I'm trying to use up some of my stash while I'm in the process of filling up my store. The scarf needs at least two more feet added to it and the fringe, so it'll be a while. I just hope I don't run out of the colors. They weren't full skeins of yarn, and the gauge is pretty big so it's using the yarn a LOT faster than I had planned. Ignore the frog and stars in the background of the picture. My son's crib was the only place not inhabited by a child or an animal, so I used that to keep my work clean.

I'm also planning to start preparation for the Knit and Crochet Blog-a-long week. The lady running it gave the topics out early for those of us who needed to plan ahead, so I'm going to try to get those written up today and tomorrow and schedule them to post on their scheduled days. The topics are pretty good, so hopefully, I'll be able to get them typed up fairly quickly.

The plans for the forthcoming week are to finish the Shades of Blue scarf, find my desktop (several finished and unfinished knitting and crochet projects sitting up here, along with needles that didn't work, yarns that I haven't put away yet or am planning to use as soon as I finish up a project.), finish up said projects and cast on a few more. (I can't stand having needles or hooks that are empty when I have yarn to use.) I have several more projects that I finished up a while back that I need to get the ends woven in on and then photograph to add to my Ravelry projects page and to the queue to go to my shop for sale. And I also want to begin to learn how to tat this week. It doesn't look anymore complicated then making hemp jewelry, so maybe I will pick it up fairly quickly.

So that's what has been going on this week and what I plan to accomplish in the upcoming week. I hope I can get it all done, but if I don't, it can rollover into the following week.

1 comment:

Garden Gate Designs said...

Good luck, perseverance is the key.