Sunday, March 20, 2011

Anna's Monkey


Share/Bookmark
I'm sorry that it has been a few days since I have posted in here. I've been working my fingers to the bone to complete Anna's birthday present before her birthday party on the 27th. It's almost done. He just needs his arms and tail and a good washing, then he'll be ready to be loved by a little girl who has already been walking around the room cuddling his head. (It was a little creepy at first, but I was happy that she liked him.)

I'm making her this little fellow: Crocheted Monkey. I didn't use those exact colors, but he's close. I used a cream for the light colored areas, and a nice caramel brown for the brown parts, then put him in a blue jumper and pants combo. I kept it simple since I'd never done something this complex before with crochet and I wanted to do it right. I also gave him a very goofy face because we call Anna the "Silly Monkey." But she loves him already and as long as she is happy, I'm happy.

I haven't decided whether I am going to let her have him early or wait until the party. I might give him to her that morning since it will be her birthday and who doesn't want to wake up to presents on their birthday.

On the storefront, many things are coming soon. I have several knit and crochet items to list, along with a lot of jewelry. The photos aren't that great, but you can see what needs to be seen to know what the item looks like, fits like, and how large it is. I've also been collecting plastic bags lately to make plarn (plastic yarn). I intend to make some nice handbags/shopping bags from them. It's a nice way to recycle all those plastics that will otherwise fill up our landfills. The only bags I am not using are the ones that had meat in them in any form. I've washed them all beforehand, but I really don't want to pass on salmonella or something equally as nasty. I still need to find some handles for some of the bag designs that I have. I also need to find a business in this town that uses brown bags. The Piggly Wiggly used to but they are using white now as well.

I'll worry about all that in good time. For now, the sun is coming up, and at least one of the children is still sleeping, so I need to get my morning shower and get the day going. I'll post a picture of Anna's completed monkey tonight or tomorrow, depending on how much time I get to work on it. I also have many project pictures to show off.

1 comment:

Garden Gate Designs said...

Love the new monkeys. so cute!
Rosemary, Garden Gate Designs
www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com