Saturday, March 5, 2011

Anna and the Toddler Bed: Day 1


Share/Bookmark
We moved Anna to a toddler bed last night. Many reasons brought us to this decision. One, she's been napping on my bed for about two months now. Two, she got a new crib that converted to a toddler bed as opposed to her old one. And three, she'll be two at the end of this month and she seemed ready for the conversion. Boy, was she ready.

I expected last night to be horrific with much crying, temper tantrums, and having to get up to get her back in bed and stand there until she fell asleep. I was, honestly, very much amazed at how easily she took to it. We set the bed up about two hours before bedtime. She climbed on it with her teddy bear as soon as I got the sheets on it. She curled up, rolled over, and stretched out on it like it was the best thing she'd ever seen.

She fell asleep in my lap like she usually does, and Sam picked her up and put her on her bed and tucked her in. He had already gotten Sammy to sleep while she was falling asleep in my lap, so I went to bed. About an hour after Sam came to bed, Anna woke up. But instead of crying, she got up, walked over to our bed, crawled in and went back to sleep beside me. She didn't move until her brother woke up at 4 a.m. At that point, I picked her up and put her back in her bed. She stayed there until 7:30 this morning. No complaints from Mama, especially since her brother also slept the majority of the night in his bassinet, which was a first as well.

Now, she is over here eating breakfast with her elephant on her toy box, and he is swinging and jabbering to his bumblebee rattle. Life is good.

And I am now off to do a bit more crocheting. There are many new items waiting to be photographed for listing. The Chickadee Tree is really taking off.

No comments: