Monday, September 13, 2010

Lazy Monday


Share/Bookmark
I think I'm having one of those days. You know, where you get up, get yourself ready to do a ton of stuff, and then go "meh, it can wait until tomorrow." I've been hanging out with Anna most of the day. She's got a new thing for the movie "Enchanted," so we've been watching that on repeat most of the morning. I'm a little sick of it, but she's loving it, so I can deal. She also discovered that my stomach contains something that kicks. Really, really hard. I have right around a month and a half to go before Sammy arrives, approximately. I still am not sure if they are going on the right start date, but they are the people that went to school for this, so I'm just following their lead at this point.

I have done a little bit of designing today. Haven't made anything or cut any new rings, but I have sketched out a few potential pieces. I have a couple of custom orders to figure out how to do, and fortunately, the customer knows that I am having to locate a specific color of rings before I can make the item, so they know it's going to take a while. If anyone knows where I can get 16 gauge 1/4" white chainmaille rings, please let me know. I know I can't get them in anodized aluminum because anodizing white is supposedly not possible. Enameled copper will work, and I guess rubber Oh rings will work, but the client really didn't seem too keen on the rubber, so trying to find them in metal if at all possible. If anyone has any leads, please let me know! I'll be eternally grateful.

Otherwise, it's been a fairly quiet day. I do have a new piece to list and I will do so soon. Have a few findings I need to get made, but I have to wait until Anna decides that it's her naptime. And honestly, that isn't looking like it will be anytime soon. Probably not for another two hours or so.

For now, I am going to go watch "Enchanted"...again. I'll be singing the songs in no time. :o)

No comments: