Thursday, April 1, 2010

Garden 2010


Share/Bookmark
We got our garden in the ground yesterday. Well, the vegetable part, and most of them. I sank into the mud halfway up my calf as I struggled to plant my seeds. It was too wet to plant some of my root vegetables that have to have finer soil, so those didn't get planted. And Anna's sunflowers didn't get planted because they were at the end of the garden that was still under about three inches of standing water. I will take pictures throughout the year as things progress and grow. We (my dad and I) tried a couple of new plants this year that we've never grown before. We are trying broccoli, which to be honest, I didn't even know what the plant looked like before I carried the flat to the garden. We are also trying Serrano Chili Peppers. I'll have to be really careful when harvesting and working around them to make sure I don't transfer any of the capsaicin oil to Anna's skin.

We planted our herb seedlings today. They can't go outside for another month because of the big dip in temperatures that are still occurring at night, but they'll be ready for their pots by the time the temperature evens out.

Other than that, today has been a quiet day. I've written out a few more recipes that may be fairly tasty that I need to taste test, but that's just about it. I'll keep you updated with garden pictures and process pictures as we go. :o)

No comments: