Friday, November 6, 2009

Calling All Artists: Repost


Share/Bookmark
Starting in August 2009, I began to feature an artist a week from any online selling venue. I only asked that they be handmade and homegrown sellers. The featured artists were presented in the order in which I receive this questionnaire from them. Also, along with a post about their shop, their smaller Etsy Mini or Artfire Shop Window remained in my sidebar for the entire week, and the larger Etsy Mini and Artfire Shop Window code they provided was attached to the end of their blog entry, permanently. Each blog entry was submitted to MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter via my personal and business profiles. (If your venue is not specifically spoken about above, still submit your questionnaire and any kind of shop window code that your venue supplies, if any. I will feature you, but if there is a code error, I will not be able to fix the code on my own. If your code is not on your feature when it is published, please check your mailbox and respond to my email.)

I'm asking again for more artists who are interested in a little free publicity. Below in the questionnaire. Please copy and paste it into an email, answer all the questions, and submit it to mortarnpestle@hotmail.com. November 13, 2009 is the first open Friday for a feature. The second person to submit the questionnaire to me will receive the following Friday, and so on. Your spot is chosen on a first come, first served basis, so please, send your questionnaire to me as soon as possible if you want to be promoted before the big holiday season.

Feel free also to submit the Featured Artist entries along your social networking channels. The more people who submit it, the more people that will see it and possibly purchase from the shops.


============================

[ Please provide a short biography about yourself/your shop. Also include a link to an item in your shop that you would like featured at the beginning of this entry.]

1. When and why did you start crafting?

2. What do you enjoy most about your crafting?

3. How did you find out about your selling venue and why did you start selling there?

4. What is the hardest thing to do for your shop or you dislike the most about selling online?

5. Do you rely on your selling venue to help pay bills or is it mainly for fun & extra spending money?

6. Have you tried or do you sell in offline shops? Do you enjoy that more or less than your selling venue & why?

7. Where else can you be found online?


Please include the following code(s) for your shop with your response:

Artfire:

1 x 5 Artfire Shop Window (for sidebar)
3 x 2 Artfire Shop Window (for blog post)

Etsy:

2 x 4 Thumbnail Etsy Mini
2 x 3 Gallery Etsy Mini

If you are not on these two, but your venue does have a shop window, please submit your code. If it does not fit my margins, I will send you an email as soon as I can to determine if the problem can be remedied or not. If it can't, I will "create my own" shop window at the bottom your entry pointing directly to your shop. If this is not okay with you, please let me know.

(You may include codes for all your venues, if you wish.)

No comments: