Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Joint Pain


Share/Bookmark
As I sit here early this morning, I realize that it has now been over two weeks since I have been able to make any jewelry. Every time I grip my pliers, pain shoots through every joint in my hands, wrists, and elbows. Tylenol doesn't help. Heating pads and hot salt soaks help some, but they don't make it go away permanently. Even typing is making my fingers hurt slightly. I really do not know what to do. Jewelry is my only creative outlet right now. Granted, I'm not making any money at it right now. I've not made single sale since November last year, even with me promoting it full-time now. I really don't want to quit at it, since not only is it my only outlet right now, but I also have jars and jars of rings, beads, and cabochons stored in my studio. I really think my husband would kill me if I gave it up since we have so much money tied up in my supplies.

I really just don't know what to do right now. I'm staying at home with my child, and she's getting full-time mom, but I feel that I need to be bringing in some money somehow.

For the time being, my shop will remain open. I am unable to restock it, so if anything happens to sell out, it's gone for a while. I have a few items I could list, but I'm not sure if I want to even bother.

For some, I'm going to go work in my garden and find some peace. Everyone have a good day.

2 comments:

andrea creates said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry.
I understand the feeling of not being able to work on what you like to do/have tons of supplies for etc.
I get sore/painful wrists/tingling when I do a lot of knitting for days at a time. Then I stop for a while-sometimes it takes a few weeks, and it goes away.
Don't give up, it doesn't hurt to just let the shop sit for awhile.Mine has for months-lol.
Could you sell some supplies or make little kits? Just an idea.I've thought of doing that myself.
Take care~
Andrea

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

{{{HUGS}}}
I'm so sorry! Joint pains is awful. Have you tried glucosamine MSM? It's a natural herbal capsule and it really helps. MSM is awesome for joint pain!
Also, do you use ergonomic pliers with long, thick handles? Those tiny jewelry pliers hurt my hands horribly.
I hope you get better soon and don't give up!