Friday, August 28, 2009

Featured Artist: Dongedy


Share/Bookmark

1. When and why did you start crafting?

I'm a french photographer. I began photographing tiny-people last year, when I was looking for an idea for greeting cards for one of my customers (I've own my own advertising agency). I found it funny and decided to open my own shop at Etsy to share them.

2. What do you enjoy most about your crafting?

Imagining new mini-worlds . Often, when I find a fruit, a book, a bottle, I try to imagine how tiny people could interact with the item.

3. How did you find out about Etsy and why did you start selling there?

I discovered Etsy when I opened a shop for my mother who creates wedding favors. I found this website incredible and decided to open my own shop too!

4. What is the hardest thing to do for your shop or you dislike the most about selling online?

At the beginning, it was hard trying to understand all the ways I could promote my artwork, but now, that's ok. I think I spend too much time promoting for few results, but I hope I'll have more sales soon ;)

5. Do you rely on Etsy to help pay bills or is it mainly for fun & extra spending money?

At the moment, it's for fun, but I'd like if it could become part of my day-to-day job because I love doing that!

6. Have you tried or do you sell in offline shops? Do you enjoy that more or less than Etsy & why?

I tried on Dawanda too... I'm a newbie in both shops, but I think that Etsy can give me more.

7. Where else can you be found online?

at Redbubble, Dawanda and Zazzle, Flickr.


Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
dongedyframe.etsy.com

No comments: