Friday, May 8, 2009

Last Day


Share/Bookmark
Well, today is my last day of maternity leave. We still do not have a babysitter that has an opening or that we can ever plan to afford. (Why is daycare so damn expensive, seriously?) Since my husband doesn't have to go back to school until May 22, I am going to attempt to work the next two weeks and make the 21st of May my last day at work. We are not entirely sure as to what we are going to do, though. If I quit my job, we will only have Sam's GI Bill coming in money-wise until he can find a job, and he's been looking like a madman with no luck. I'm attempting to get my Etsy and Artfire stores completely revamped and replenished, but it's taking a lot of time when I am having to take care of Anna all day and my business stuff is still very disorganized.

On top of everything else, I've lost my inventory database. A few months ago, my husband replaced my little 40 GB harddrive with a 200 GB one (we game a lot). Well, when he copied my old harddrive to my new one, my inventory software locked me out. It took me until this last week to find my registration information and get the program unlocked so that I could use it again. However, when I tried to open it, my database was corrupted. So I went to my Flash drive and tried to copy my backup version of the database to my new harddrive. It still did not work. So I am having to retype all of my information back into a new database. The only good thing is that I can start the new fiscal year with an up-to-date inventory count, and I have taken the opportunity to clean out broken pieces, trash beads, and work on gathering pieces for a destash.

For now, I have to close. I'm trying to get the last of my thank-you cards written today before we go to my 6-week postpartem appointment.

No comments: