Sunday, May 31, 2009

Etsy vs. Artfire: My Take on It


Share/Bookmark
Well, I've been on Artfire with listed items for two days now. So far, I'm loving it a lot more than Etsy. I haven't really promoted my Artfire shop yet, and many of my items already have views in the 20s and 30s. I had items on Etsy for a year that still had single digit views, and I promoted my Etsy shop like a mad woman.

I did have something occur today with Artfire that I am hoping is just a temporary glitch. I will find out for sure in the morning. When I woke up today and started listing a few more products, I checked out my shop to see if I had a full page yet, and it was empty. At first, I was all happy because I thought I had sold a lot of things, so I went hopping to my email box and was very disheartened to find it empty. I went back to my artfire and fiddled in my studio settings to see if I had turned something on or off that needed to be disabled or enabled for items to show properly. I couldn't get them back. I contacted admin and I dug in the forums for any help. Finally, I found a post where someone was having a similar problem that morning. They said that deactivating all and reactivating them worked. It took me three tries to get my items to reappear. I really hope this doesn't happen again because I probably lost an entire night of exposure because I naturally assumed that my items were displaying in my shop when I went to bed. :o(

I'll keep everyone updated on how Artfire is for me. Even with the glitch, I'm still liking it more than Etsy. It seems to be more up my alley.

2 comments:

Teresa Mode said...

hi, i have an artfire shop.
I have found the best way to take care of my problems is to email artfire directly.

support@artfire.com

I have gotten help quickly without all of the hassel from others.

Just a suggestion.

andrea creates said...

I think it was probably a glitch-fingers crossed.I don't know anything really about Artfire,except from hearing it around the blogs-thanks for giving us the info on things that you're liking about it.It'll be helpful for those of us that are considering a change-or another shop.
Take care-
Andrea