Friday, March 6, 2009

The Long-Awaited Craft Room Layout


Share/Bookmark

Finally! I found fifteen minutes to draw this up for everyone in Paint. It's been drawn up in my notebook for about a week now. It may change a little, and some pieces won't be added until later when we have some extra cash. I have the basic necessities for the time being though, so as soon as my husband gets a few minutes to clear out the room and paint it for me, we'll be able to put the shelves up on the wall, move the tables and cabinets back in, and hopefully get the room functional.

The white board won't be able to be added until later, and the inventory cabinets I want to use are a little above our budget right now, so I'll have to make do with two small bookcases until we can afford the new cabinets. The 3-drawer storage cabinets that will be under the tables will have to wait til sometime this summer. Our Walmart does not carry them during the winter apparently. I do not know why. It quite dumbfounded me when I asked where they were and was told that.

At least, once this room is finally set up, I'll be able to get my sewing machine out permanently, my cutting board will be able to come out of it's storage permanently, as will my mat. And all my tubs of fabric, yarn, etc will have their own safe places to be used. I can't wait!! :o)

7 comments:

andrea said...

Sounds like it's going to be great!

Sarah and Jon said...

Lucky you!

Kathy said...

That is so exciting. I love having my own workshop. I wish it was twice as big as it is, but it is better than not having one at all!

Samantha said...

Holy smokes, you're organized! What a great layout, so cool that you planned it all out like that. :)

Jenn said...

Wow this is going to be fantastic!!

Jenn
http://www.LearnHowToMakeBows.com

nomadcraftsetc said...

Wow! That craft room looks like it will have space for many uses! Good for you!

Sarah said...

That looks fabulous, I'm very jealous. I'm facing the reality that my craft room may soon be lost - three kids in a three bedroom house will do that for you.

Congrats on your impending arrival, wishing you a quick and easy labor. You must be so excited!