Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Craft Room: On Hold


Share/Bookmark
It's still mine, all mine! But the doctors decided to lessen my medication dosage for nausea, so we are back to square one on it not working. Left work early on Thursday because I wasn't feeling "right;" no labor pains, just didn't feel like I normally have been feeling. Then I spent all day Friday sick; on Saturday, I was still sick. On Sunday, thank God, I found one pill of my old medication that morning so I took it and made it through my baby shower with only getting sick one time, and I think that was more from motion sickness than anything else (it was an hour drive from my house to the church where we had the baby shower). But I KNEW the moment the medication wore off. Then I was up all night sick.

Monday was miserable. I didn't make it to work because I couldn't leave the bathroom for more than 5 minutes. When I finally got myself settled, I just collapsed in my chair and slept the rest of the day. I forced myself into work this morning, much to my husband's dissatisfaction. He was telling me all morning that I'm about to pop out a kid, I don't need to be pushing myself. But my job has to get done. There are still several things that need to be handled before I am taken out of work for the baby, and I can't get them done if I'm sitting at home. BUT, I've been here since 7:30 and I have already had to run to the bathroom twice. I won't be getting much done, but I'm at least trying. I'll call my dad when I just can't go anymore.

Being sick all the time is really starting to suck though. I haven't been able to clean, arrange, dream up arrangement, or even clean out the file cabinets. My baby shower presents are still sitting in the backseat of the car.

We received many wonderful things on Sunday. My aunt, who hasn't knitted in fourteen years, knitted Anna the most beautiful pink baby blanket. It is so soft. It's absolutely gorgeous. That picture will definitely be forthcoming as soon as we get it inside and unpacked. We also received a lot of clothing for 0 to 18 months, baby wipes, a lot of bath-time supplies, and medical supplies that will be needed for the first few weeks. A lot of potty training stuff, even though we won't be needing that for a LONG time. Dad and Sam are supposed to be cleaning up the crib and high-chair this week at my parent's house. We still have to get a mattress and bumper pads for that. We also still need the car seat, stroller, a baby swing, and a few other big ticket items, but we received a few gift certificates and checks too, so we'll get them this weekend sometime.

But for now, I need to close. The work day has begun and I need to get these sign-in forms checked over and the Procard handled just in case I start feeling worse.

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Alison Kelley said...

Ahhh, I hope you feel better soon Jessica. It's no fun feeling sick towards the end of your pregnancy. I've got three boys and I know how you feel!

homemomma said...

I hope you feel better soon as well. She'll be worth every minute of it though when she gets here. Just don't blink! They grow FAST!