Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2009 Plans


Share/Bookmark
The new year started off with a bang. Time flew so fast that I really never had the time to sit down and plan out what I wanted to achieve before 2010 arrived. This weekend, as I sat curled up on the sofa under a nice warm blanket with my puppy and kitten, I had a few moments to really think it through. Ideas are still coming to fruition, but I have a basic concept of what I want to achieve.

1) I want to fully set up my Etsy, Artfire, and 1000 Markets venues and make them look more professional to create a better business image.

2) Completely set up my jewelry studio and streamline my processes to better organize myself and save more time.

3) Achieve enough sales in a month to cover the rent and the internet/phone bill. ( A lot more promotional work will have to be done, but I believe that this can be achieved.)

4) Make my business better-known and more popular so I can achieve Step 3.

5) Expand beyond jewelry - introduce more armor and "Ren Fest" pieces.

These are just the broad ideas, and they are achievable in a year's time. It may get a little tougher once the Lil' Lady gets here, but they are still doable. I'm still working on "fleshing out" the ideas and I am welcome to any ideas or suggestions on how to achieve these if anyone wants to comment. I'm working mostly on all steps except Step 2 right now because we just decided yesterday that we will be staying in the house we are currently living in until we find something better. Step 2 can now move forward (at a steady pace. It's getting hard to do much of anything with a 7.5 month pregnancy, but I can still do some.)

More will be forthcoming shortly. I should have some new photos to post here soon too. It's supposed to be sunny this weekend, so my pictures might actually come out looking good for a change. :o)

1 comment:

High Desert Diva said...

Sounds like you've been putting a lot of thought and research into your plans. Best of luck with everything!