Friday, October 24, 2008

Preparing for the Weekend


Share/Bookmark
Going home early from work today. Didn't sleep well last night and it's telling on me today with massive morning sickness and I keep falling asleep sitting up in my chair at work. So I'm going to take off the rest of the afternoon after 12:30 and go take a nap. Hopefully, after a nap, I will feel well enough to work on my Etsy descriptions, tags, and titles. If I can get them written up the way I want to on my layout sheets, I can start to work on the photos in the morning after my usual morning sickness has passed.

I've had a few ideas for setting up the five pictures for my earrings, but I still don't know how I'm going to set up my bracelet and necklace pictures, nor do I have any idea how I'm going to layout all the other stuff that I have for sale right now. I do know that I'm going to take my hairsticks apart and just sell the supplies. And if I can find my table in my studio, I'm going to start going through all my supplies and pulling out the parts that I will never use and can sell. Tired of moving some of these things. I have beads and findings in there that I have now moved across the country three times. I'm going to string them, bag them, vial them and hope that someone else out there can be struck with a moment of divine inspiration and find a use for them.

I figure if I can get my part inventory at least cut in half, I'll be better off on studio space. And it will also become a lot easier to pare down the rest until I'm strictly chainmaille. It will be a whole lot easier to store a few containers of jump rings.

We still haven't figured out how to sanction off an area of the house that we can lock to keep the baby away from my tools when the time comes where he/she is crawling and walking everywhere. Granted, I don't keep blades on my dremel when it's not in use and most of my tools are kept way up almost out of my reach, but I still worry about the possibility.

Just right now, I want to get my studio organized enough that I can make stuff again. Right now, I'm working out of a recycled Bath n Body Works bag that I can toss my two pairs of pliers, flush cutters, and the current container of rings into and it zips up. I have about nine partial projects tossed in the bottom of it that I need to complete, but I have no where that I can open up all the rings I need and spread out my work.

For right now, though, I am going to close out this post, and start clearing up my desk at my dayjob. Heading out here shortly to go nap. At least my ramblings kept me awake for a little while.

--Jessica

No comments: