Monday, October 27, 2008

Hate Wasting a Weekend...


Share/Bookmark
I left work early on Friday because I wasn't feeling well. I seem to be having perpetual morning sickness, even though I'm eating regularly and I'm completely hydrated. I thought that if I went home and slept for a while, I'd feel better. It worked for a little while. Husband and I both napped til about 6:30 (off and on for me because kept waking up to get sick). I got up and started working on my Etsy descriptions (I printed them off because I work better on pencil and paper than on a computer screen). I got through a few listings before I started getting a headache. Sam, bless his heart, went to McDonalds and got me a vanilla milkshake. It was the only thing I was able to keep down all day. I think I was back in bed by 9 that night.

Woke up the next morning around 8:30. Was feeling alright. Not great, but not completely sick either. I managed to get a few potato chips down (they settle my stomach better than saltines ever will) and drank a little apple juice. I was going to coil and cut some rings then take photos, but the power went out at the house around 9:30 and stayed off til almost 2, which means I had no drill, no dremel, and no lights. Thank goodness it was a warm, breezy day because I could just open the windows. I worked some more on my Etsy descriptions I had printed off. Fell back asleep again around noon, I think. I remember looking at the clock at 11:15. I woke up again a little before 2. I was coming back from a cool shower when the power came back on. I took a few minutes then to sit down at the computer and check my email and Etsy. But I was starting to not feel well again, so I just stayed put. Sam got up around 2:30 and came in there and asked if I was up to eating. We decided on Subway since a sub still tastes fine hot or cold, and I could eat it in a couple of hours if I didn't feel like I could eat it immediately. We went and got food, then I camped out in front of the computer the rest of the day because less moving equals less nausea. We played World of Warcraft off and on most of the evening and we had fun, so I'm not complaining.

Sunday was, well, a Sunday. We don't go to church, so I managed to sleep in until about 10. I woke up feeling fairly good. I would get a little queasy if I turned or bent over too fast, but was fine otherwise. Kept down a hamburger at lunch and a couple of bread sticks at supper. Breakfast ...well, I stared breakfast down, but it never happened. Just couldn't stomach it. Played around on the computer the entire day. Edited a few scans I took of my ultrasounds for my in-laws, but wasn't very productive.

I'm really hoping this morning sickness settles down soon. I can't get much of anything done for either being sick as hell or so sleepy that I'm falling asleep standing up. I have actually fallen asleep in the shower and on the toilet from exhaustion. And I'm usually asleep on the couch or in the bed before 8 at night. I just don't get it.

Going to look at a house tonight, so it'll be pushing 7 before we ever get home. We are trying to find somewhere closer to where we work and where the baby's daycare will be that is cheaper and safer to live in. Our current house is in the worst neighborhood in town. I don't even feel safe there with my two dogs, so I know I won't feel safe when I have a kid running around there too. Also, even when the house is cleaned within an inch of it's life, it still has a moldy, musty smell to it, which really bothers me.

Well, that was my wasted weekend. I really need to get to work on my dayjob for a while. Have a little catching up to do from going home early on Friday.

--Jessica

No comments: