Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Show Failure and the Aftermath


Share/Bookmark
Well, I'm disappointed. I made many new pieces, did a fair amount of advertising at my own expense, and only four people showed up. It was more than a little disappointing. But on the other hand, my stock is still fairly replenished. My husband and I are lining up shows and festivals for the rest of the year.

We are currently looking at the Uptown Greenville Umbrella Market. Greenville does it every summer, so it's not a new idea. And it's fairly cheap to get a booth, and they supply the table, tent, etc. All we have to bring is chairs and things to sell. I'm looking into that today. I've already missed the first one, but I can sign up for the other three they are holding this summer.

We are also looking into applying as a vendor through the Greenville Jaycees for the July 4th celebration at the Town Commons. They are looking for handcrafted items vendors, and there is usually a fairly large turnout for that.

On a lighter note, Sam and I have begun our cleaning spree in our living room. Since my needed tools to make jewelry have outgrown my current jewelry room, we are going to set up the unused living room as my work area. It's perfect because I can use the floor to ceiling shelves in the adjoining sunroom for storage, and my living room is a very large open space. We are in a 3000 sq ft house (just the two of us and our five animals), so downstairs really doesn't get used. But it's about to be. All I have to do is finish scrubbing the floors, move the two big pieces of furniture around (bookcases), and I can start setting up my stuff in there.I will attach a layout soon.

For now, I must get back to work.

No comments: